Fluoropolymers show superior performance characteristics that are crucial in the automotive industry, from engines to drive line seals. Our compounds meet the high-quality requirements imposed by APQP, PPAP, and SPC.
The rapidly evolving technology in the automotive sector is well known. To ensure compliance and client satisfaction, Enkidu has worked hard to stay abreast of these technological developments. For numerous engine components, fluoropolymers have been employed to increase durability and performance.
Advantages offered by our materials in this industry:
- Decreased energy use
- Weight reduction compared to metal components
- Chemical resistance to a variety of lubricants and fuels
- Low absorption of moisture
- Stiffness, tensile strength, and creep resistance in a wide range
- Resistant to low and high working temperatures
- Resistant to weather, UV light and corrosion
- Fuel and Exhaust systems – fuel injector seals, exhaust gas analyser seals (Lambda sensor).
- Body and suspension – Gas springs and shock absorbers, (guide rings and back-up rings). Seals for a/c compressors and pumps
- Engine, Transmission and Steering : Seals in power steering system, gearbox and crankshaft.